Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I GOT CUDA ON MY LINUX 64 BLENDER!

You want CUDA to show up on your Blender user settings.

How to get GTX 750, Linux, and Blender CUDA working.
This is the awesome EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
How to install Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti on Linux Mint 17

NVIDIA, BLENDER, AND LINUX = FRUSTRATION!!!

This lady can't get CUDA working on her Blender
NVIDIA, BLENDER, AND LINUX

I have accomplished what I wasn't even sure was possible. I got the GPU rendering function in Blender 3D working with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card running on a Linux Mint 17 Xfce workstation. (Mint is based off of Ubuntu, so most if not all of this will be the same for Ubuntu users) When I first installed my new Nvidia card, my Linux Mint would not even boot. That's because the GTX 750 uses a chip design (Maxwell microarchitecture) that is so new that it doesn't have too much Linux support. Therefore, I had to do a lot of command line stuff just to get booted up. Then I had to find and install the best driver. I finally got my Linux to work, but my Blender was a whole other adventure. The GPU stuff didn't work, so my rendering was just the same as my old video card. I tried lots of command line tricks, but nothing worked until I discovered the secret. I will share all my tricks and secrets in my upcoming post (how to configure Linux for GTX 750 Ti and how to configure Blender to render with GPU with GTX 750/Linux.
The hard part is finding the information

All in all, I found that the actual procedure is not that hard. It's actually kind of easy once you know what to do. The hard part is finding the information. You can't find it all in one place. That's why I'm excited to make my how-to post, because it should make life a lot easier for Blender-Linux artists and other 3D creators. So check back later for the new post.

So don't punch your computer screen, just check back for my new post.
nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti - linux mint 17 xfce - blender 2.71

2014 Linux Beast Magazine - Linux-Beast - Linux Cave

How to install Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti on Linux Mint 17

GPU CUDA rendering with Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti and Blender 2.71

I got CUDA on my Linux 64 Blender 

How to install Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti with Linux 64 bit and how to get CUDA GPU rendering to work with Blender 2.71 

How to get GTX 750, Linux, and Blender CUDA working

No comments:

Post a Comment